Start in Arrowtown – Loop Ride around Lake Hayes
- Arrowtown to Lake Hayes and back again approximately 18kms
- Approximately 3-4 hours round trip
- Grade 2
- Terrain is undulating, a bit of a Roller Coaster around the lake, great fun!
- Suitable for everyone that loves views and has an average level of fitness
- Worried about a few hills, then go electric
It’s easy to see why Lake Hayes is called ‘the most photographed lake in New Zealand’. Reflecting the majestic mountains of the Wakatipu and the earthy tones of the landscape, this lake offers a million and one ‘Kodak’ moments.
Departing from Dudley’s Cottage, Arrowtown, you will ride past the historic Chinese mining village, before making your way through one of New Zealand’s premier golf destinations, Millbrook, then down Christine’s Hill to the entrance of Lake Hayes.
As you ride around Lake Hayes, you’ll experience a sample of all that makes Queenstown special. Exquisite mountain and lake vistas, a boardwalk protecting local wildlife, historic cottages and a close-up view of some of the area’s most notable homes.
Just a stone’s throw from the lake shores on Lake Hayes Road you’ll find the Stone Ridge Estate, the award-winning Amisfield or Akarua and Artisan kitchen. An afternoon of wine-tasting and lunch is a deliciously decadent way to round off the perfect morning’s ride! Transport back can be arranged.