Better By Bike now also offers Bike hire with door to door return shuttle between Queenstown and The Lake Dunstan Trail. We have chosen what we think are the best sections of the trail to ensure you get the most out of your ride and the scenery Our option starts in Clyde and finishes in Bannockburn, this is approximately a 37km ride ending in Bannockburn at a winery or location of your choice.
Electric Bike and Shuttle
$270pp (min 8 pax)
Mountain Bike and Shuttle
$215pp (min 8 pax)
To book, please email [email protected] Prior booking essential
What We Offer
- Pick up at 9am from your accommodation and shuttle you to the start of the trail in Clyde for an approximate start time of 10.15am, you set off on your cycling adventure then upon completion we meet you in the Bannockburn area for your return shuttle.
- Generally it’s about a 4 hour ride from Clyde to bannockburn, which allows time to visit a winery or two for a spot of late lunch and tastings upon completion of your ride. Our last shuttle heads back at 4.15pm, but we are flexible if you wish to leave sooner.
What We Provide
- Our bikes are all 2021 models. Moustache off 2 electric bikes or Specialized Rockhopper Hard tail mountain bikes.
- Helmet, map, basic first aid kit, puncture and basic repair kit and backpacks if required.
- We sell gloves and neck warmers for that extra layer of warmth.
What To Expect
- Key features of the trail are the man-made landscapes, rich Maori and early pioneer history, abundant vineyards and cellar doors in Bannockburn
- While it says Grade 1-2, there are a couple of sections and hill climbs that are more of a Grade 3. For this reason we highly recommend electric bikes and that you are reasonably confident on a bike. But if you want to burn off a few pies, then we also have normal Mountain bikes available.
- If you are unsure and havent been on a bike for a while, why not come and visit us in Arrowtown and try the 5 bridges ride for a warm up.